Friday, December 16, 2005

The Wish List

Fa la la la laaaaa...

...la la la la!!

So my Christmas this year is all about family. The ubiquitous flying frog/giant freak (see The Frog Blog for more details) is going back to France for much-needed time with his papa (he got enough time with his mother braving the outback in Australia for a month I'm sure) and some much-needed physician examining of his messed-up shoulder and the pinched nerve in his neck (yes,I have tried to tell him we have physicians here in the States). Anyway, thought I'd post my wish list, will be good for some laughs more than anything:

-A membership to Boulder rec centers. Boy am I sick of paying to swim every time I want to go! Especially when all I want is an indoor hot tub...

-An mp3 player of some sort. It doesn't have to be fancy or have a lot of space (no nanos please), 60-120 songs would be nice but nothing crazier than that; if you DO actually want to get this for me PLEASE don't get me an iPod (a recent adventure to Cherry Creek Mall to get my boyfriend's iMac repaired provided an excellent demonstration as to their flimsiness and if I have to spend anymore time at the Apple store I'll kill myself and take several associates down with me. The bored-teenage-who-will-perpetually-know-more-than-me-about-everything-with-their-gaping-stare look and attitude gets really, REALLY tiresome. Said mp3 player will also need some sort of lasso for an arm or necklace, as I need it primarily to keep me from dying of boredom while running.

-UnderArmour, UnderArmour, UnderArmour, or better yet justa Dick's gift card for UnderArmour. Winter in CO can last thru May; there's no telling when my training will be back into shorts season & one can never, EVER have enough UnderArmour.

-SmartWool socks. One more item you can never have enough of.

-A waterproof, windproof, semi-breathable, light shell for layering over all the UnderArmour.

-Another pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire shoes. Runner's rule: One pair are nice, two pair are better.

-An Amphipod of my own, so when Gregory starts training again we don't have to fight over the water belt.

-French lessons. The Rosetta Stone CD series is fine; I just want to learn so I can speak to Gregory's mom without sounding imbecilic again. AND it'd be cool to be legitimately bilingual.

Ummm...pathetically, that's pretty much it. All I want for Christmas is training gear. GCs to REI, Dick's, The North Face, etc. are always appreciated. Happy training!

No comments: