Friday, December 30, 2005

Boulderized

There are fairly few days when you can complain about living in Boulder, CO. The weather is almost always fair or just absolutely beautiful, the town itself is quite pretty, and the residents, for the most part, make for excellent eye candy at their worst. Being one of the healthiest places in America definitely has its perks.


It is so beautiful today, I’m sorry Gregory is in Paris (though I’m sure he’s not). A storm is blowing in over the mountains and just barely the edges of the visible foothills are being dusted with snow. Yet the temperature hovers around fifty and the sun is shining, giving the whole effect an absolutely surreal quality. The storm clouds are brown and grey but thin and wisping in slowly from the Western slope, and south of Boulder is where the snow starts. In town, the wind is up but the sun shines brightly, and I saw five cyclists out within a four-block radius of my workplace while out on my lunch break, at least two of whom were pro or pro-quality. I love this town.

No comments: