Tuesday, December 12, 2006

In other news...

It just occurred to me that anyone who reads this blog probably thinks I do absolutely nothing but train all the time. It also occurred to me that this is not only entirely untrue, but that lately I have found that I can barely squeeze my training into the rest of my life, and that some of the rest of my life is getting pretty tight as well!

So, to catch everyone up...let's see...I am working two jobs now, full-time nine-to-fiver at Wild Oats Markets' corporate office and part-time some evenings and weekends at an Origins retail store...corporate peon by day, brilliant saleswoman by night! So that keeps me busy. I am writing regularly and submitting some work to contests very soon. My little sister Em just moved to North Carolina and I miss her like crazy...it's just me & Mom out here in CO now...here's Em with her dog Haze and Em and I after a 5k we ran on her birthday.





















I have hesitated to speak in any sort of definitive tone about this for quite some time, but I'm relatively comfortable admitting that I'm involved with a pretty great guy. Jack's my neighbor and we've met a few dozen times on the stairs and in the laundry room of our building over the past three years, but the conversation never really moved past the weather or similarly mundane, hey-there-hows-it-going talk. Until we started chatting a bit more over the summer, one thing led to another, and we've been hanging out together for awhile now. Time flies, as they say. I really like this guy...as evidenced by the super-cheesy grin on my face in these pictures.

Jack's a musician, and his devotion to his craft is evident in his incredible passion and the breadth of his talent in guitar--steel guitar, specifically--and vocals. He really, really, really loves to play music, and I really, really, really enjoy being his groupie, absurd as that sounds. I'm not usually the type to go for the brooding musician...it must be his incredible sense of humor or dashing good looks or...something...

That's really about all that's new...as usual, staying busy busy busy! Thanks for reading!

No comments: