Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Shift in Priorities

The last time I evaluated my race schedule for 2006 I was hellbent on doing the Leadville Trail 100 as my "A" race. Well, things change sometimes, particularly when your body is telling you there isn't a chance in hell you're going to be biomechanically sound enough for an ultramarathon in five months. It's just not going to happen.

So the race plan now is: Fort Collins Marathon on May 7, Imogene Pass Run on September 9, and Boulder Backroads Marathon on September 24. The fact that I was already registered for Backroads--after having to drop out last year--and that it was a scant month after Leadville was definitely a factor in the decision. Imogene is a psychotic trail run up Imogene Pass averaging about 17-18% grade (take that, Alpe d'Huez!). so I think it'll be good prep for Leadville next year.

Next year...next year...

No comments: